Tuesday 17 January 2012

The most annoying people in football...

I am lucky enough to play for my school team, it's like a badge of honour you carry around, you can be the most annoying geek with a skin condition and a liking for Justin Beiber and Hannah Montana but if your on the football team (though you probably wouldn't be if you fitted that description, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes) you have like a automatic rite to certain things. We have spent are lives learning to play the game to a level that makes us one of the best 11 players in you age bracket or maybe even the school. So the thing we find most annoying is people who don't understand criticising us on our play. For instance in one of our PE lessons we were playing football, I came out of my goal and closed the angle, managed to make the attacker fire his shot wide. The teacher and my team-mates praised me for good goalkeeping, then the kid who'd forgotten his PE kit and was listening to music (Hannah Montana possibly?) walks up behind and starts ripping into me about how I should have stayed into my goal and left half the goal exposed. I mean this is a kid whose idea of fun is sitting at his computer writing annoying Facebook posts and listening to dubstep. Coming out to narrow the angle is the one of those main laws of how to play football, like you kick the ball with your feet and you score a goal by getting the ball over the line. And here was a geeky kid, who is so bad at football the Plymouth Argyle under-5's girls team would except on talent and skills grounds and hair that looks like a Wayne Rooney job, talking to me like he was Alan Hansen. Being criticised by your team mates is good, as you know they know just as much as you, but fans who think they know the game but really have no idea. It's the same at pro level, I read an article by FourFourTwo's secret columnist about how most players cant stand fans. But there is a major difference, players don' have to put up with fans all-day five day's a week like us at school have to. However at school they can't use the time-honoured "I play your wages..." line.  So yeah, though at school they're not 'fans' you still have to put up with them, and most of us who do play for teams can't put up with them at all.       

No comments:

Post a Comment